Roam Research is a powerful “note-taking tool for networked thought“. Roam has the best “braindump bandwidth” from all the tools I have tried. It’s able to pull ideas out of my head in a way that no other tool can.
Roam Research projects
I have hacked on a few Roam projects:
- Roam Research Private API is a puppeteer-driven command-line project that provides API access to Roam database, the ability to post data, etc.
- Alfroam is an Alfred Workflow that lets you search your Roam graph in Alfred
- WordPress Roam block will let you publish pieces of your Roam graph
- Troamback (Roam Throwback) will resurface your old content in your daily pages
- Here is a short tutorial to installing Roam Plugins
Words about Roam
I’ve also written a few things:
- Bitcoin, Tesla, Bears, and DucksThis is an issue of my newsletter focusing on the psychological and technical aspects of the Internet, particularly remote work, online economy, and cognitive load. Sign up below to join the club Bitcoin and Tesla. Yeah, I know – such a tech bro topic, right? I’m only going to mention this to squeeze in “I … Continue reading Bitcoin, Tesla, Bears, and Ducks
- Composability is the only game in town – Roam, shipping containers, Lego and Twitter.Lego Blocks, Shipping Containers, Roam Research, Open Source, and any other unreasonably successful endeavor follows the fractal design of composability.
- What is going on with all those note-taking apps?In Deliberate Internet 27 I focus on the new wave of note-taking apps and explain why they are all sprouting now.
- Mental atlas and corporate promisesDeliberate issue 29 covers Mind Atlases, rescuing birds from window accidents and failed corporate promises.
More Roam hacks
I post Roam hacks I discover in this thread: