I write about the global consciousness that is the Internet and I help build online businesses at Tumblr and WordPress.com
Both Software Engineer and Psychologist by education, I dive deep into second-order consequences of connecting everybody and everything to the same network
As my day job, I help build online businesses at Tumblr & WordPress.com. I created this site to explore how global consciousness reshapes society, economy, labor, and art. I focus on:
- Helping to create a healthy economy in the magical land of the Internet,
- Channeling the power of technology, capitalism and human creativity towards sustainable stewardship for our planet and other species,
- Making Remote Work work, so you get to find a fulfilling vocation regardless of where you’re born.
My best essays
- In The lazy way to being outstanding, I explain why grabbing the hardest problems around is in fact easier, safer, and more fulfilling than trying to “surf the bare minimum”.
- Micropayments are doomed explains the fundamental psychological problems with charging separately for access to each piece of content.
- Working from Home – a primer to get your team started is a playbook to switching your company into the remote mode, based on 15 years of Automattic’s experience as a remote company.
- Deliberate guide to getting hired for a great remote job, or impress your boss in a remote setting
- Win at Slack: Free 5-day Effective Communication Bootcamp will help you get your point across that Slack window without misunderstandings and have more pleasant work environment.
- Collection of my Roam Research hacks and explorations
Every Monday I send “Deliberate Internet” to 2500+ of my Internet friends with nuanced perspectives combining Remote Work, Technology, Psychology, and my other latest obsessions.
I have nothing to sell, except curiosity, and a lifestyle of growth
That’s right: No AI content this week. Read More
Stop offering up advice with a question mark attached. That doesn’t count as asking a question “The Coaching Habit” by Michael Bungay Stanier offers a practical framework for managers aiming to develop a coaching habit rather than jumping to provide solutions. By engaging in meaningful conversations and asking the right questions, managers help their teamContinue…
Will your soul get stuck in an LLM? Read More
What I’m working on
- As my remote ‘day job‘ I am unlocking the economic potential of content creators and small businesses – I founded the ‘Earn’ team of WordPress.com. I am confident, that helping creators foster an economic relationship with their audience can help battle the fake news epidemic and reduce inequalities,
- After getting masters’ degrees in both Computer Science and Psychology, I am confident that the integration of people and networks will be a fascinating dance and we have only heard the first notes.
- Warsaw, Poland is my home. I work remotely (with my wife) for a Silicon Valley company – WordPress.com. Inspired by remote work allowing everyone to participate in the amazing global economy, I started writing about getting hired remotely and challenges of telecommuting
Few of my personal beliefs
- It’s better to squeeze more life into your years than years into your life. You can read my bucketlist on this site,
- The world is not a zero-sum game and we’re all in this together
- People are collections algorithms. If you want to shape behavior, you can either work on incentives (inputs) or beliefs (‘code’),
- There really are no adults in life, only older kids.
- It’s better to be kind than respected, but it’s even better to be helpful than kind