I write about the global consciousness that is the Internet and I help build online businesses at Tumblr and WordPress.com
Both Software Engineer and Psychologist by education, I dive deep into second-order consequences of connecting everybody and everything to the same network
As my day job, I help build online businesses at Tumblr & WordPress.com. I created this site to explore how global consciousness reshapes society, economy, labor, and art. I focus on:
- Helping to create a healthy economy in the magical land of the Internet,
- Channeling the power of technology, capitalism and human creativity towards sustainable stewardship for our planet and other species,
- Making Remote Work work, so you get to find a fulfilling vocation regardless of where you’re born.
My best essays
- In The lazy way to being outstanding, I explain why grabbing the hardest problems around is in fact easier, safer, and more fulfilling than trying to “surf the bare minimum”.
- Micropayments are doomed explains the fundamental psychological problems with charging separately for access to each piece of content.
- Working from Home – a primer to get your team started is a playbook to switching your company into the remote mode, based on 15 years of Automattic’s experience as a remote company.
- Deliberate guide to getting hired for a great remote job, or impress your boss in a remote setting
- Win at Slack: Free 5-day Effective Communication Bootcamp will help you get your point across that Slack window without misunderstandings and have more pleasant work environment.
- Collection of my Roam Research hacks and explorations
Every Monday I send “Deliberate Internet” to 2500+ of my Internet friends with nuanced perspectives combining Remote Work, Technology, Psychology, and my other latest obsessions.
I have nothing to sell, except curiosity, and a lifestyle of growth
What I’m working on
- As my remote ‘day job‘ I am unlocking the economic potential of content creators and small businesses – I founded the ‘Earn’ team of WordPress.com. I am confident, that helping creators foster an economic relationship with their audience can help battle the fake news epidemic and reduce inequalities,
- After getting masters’ degrees in both Computer Science and Psychology, I am confident that the integration of people and networks will be a fascinating dance and we have only heard the first notes.
- Warsaw, Poland is my home. I work remotely (with my wife) for a Silicon Valley company – WordPress.com. Inspired by remote work allowing everyone to participate in the amazing global economy, I started writing about getting hired remotely and challenges of telecommuting
Few of my personal beliefs
- It’s better to squeeze more life into your years than years into your life. You can read my bucketlist on this site,
- The world is not a zero-sum game and we’re all in this together
- People are collections algorithms. If you want to shape behavior, you can either work on incentives (inputs) or beliefs (‘code’),
- There really are no adults in life, only older kids.
- It’s better to be kind than respected, but it’s even better to be helpful than kind