Hey fellow traveller! My name is Artur, and this is what I am up to right now. If you are curious about me, here is a short explanation of who Artur is.
What are you up to these days, Artur?
As of 2022-02-09:
- I work for Tumblr / WordPress.com, where I lead the team helping creators earn by doing their art. In practical terms:
- About 30% of my work is creating roadmaps for WordPress.com payment blocks, WooCommerce future, Infrastructure powering Tumblr Post+, and Tumblr Tipping.
- About 40% of my time is leading the team implementing these roadmaps
- Another 20% is occasionally getting to code stuff, and fix bugs
- And another 10% is reserved for experimental projects within Automattic
- I do that while working remotely, from Poland. I am very excited about Remote Work, and write quite a bit about that.
- I have a wife, a dog, and a baby daughter now. Watching her grow up is plenty of fun.
- Previously, I used to fly a lot, but that is challenging with the Piszek gang, so we bought an RV and I hope to roadtrip through Europe.
My current obsessions
- Remote Work has become popular with the advent of COVID, but creating a good remote culture is not easy. I work remotely for 7 years now, and I share my learnings with employees and managers alike
- Solarpunk is a trend marrying technology, art, and nature in a sustainable way. I like that it proposes hope instead of desperation.
- Helping people earn money is my job description, and I write about related topics quite a bit
- I went into the web3 hole, experimenting with technology, and thinking about the impact of blockchains.
The last three posts
AI Bloggers and Sabbaticals
I’ve been busy building artificial bloggers but now I’m roaming the south of Europe on a three-month extended leave. Read More
AI Stages of grief, and a few predictions.
Here are some of my gut feelings about what is going to happen next in the AI world. Read More
Instantly search your Qnap files and emails via Qsirch API
I wrote a PHP library and an Alfred Workflow to search through all the files stored on my QNAP NAS